Vacancy- Wiltshire West Scouts District Commissioner
Are you motivated and able to lead, support and work with adults? Enthusiastic and willing to learn? Looking to put the "WOW factor" in your CV?
With the support of our amazing volunteers Scouting changes lives.
We are looking for dynamic individuals to support and manage our fantastic team of volunteers in Wiltshire West Scout District so that we can provide Scouting to even more young people and work towards achieving The Scout Associations 2018 vision.
Listen to a new District Commissioner and his experience of taking on the role.
If you are interested in the role of Wiltshire West District Commissioner or you know someone who would be good at the role, you can fill in an online nomination form now- just click 'Apply Online Now!'
If you would like more information you can download the 'Vacancy Information Pack' which includes a role description and a nomination form for email or postal return.
For further information or an informal chat please contact the Wiltshire West DC Search Group at the details below:
Gerald Russell email@example.com
Roger Reeves 07789 748000
Nomination Deadline- Mon 18th April 2016
- You can nominate yourself and as many people as you like.
- The role is not a 'fore-gone conclusion', a promotion or based on number of votes. Anybody can be considered for the role.
- You don't have to be a Scout, hold a Woodbadge or have been Scouting for years to be appointed but once a DC is appointed they do then need to be a member and work towards their Woodbadge.
- You don't have to take it on for 5 years, you can agree a shorter period with the County Commissioner and review this.
- The role can be split and shared between 2 or 3 people making it easier and ensuring you still have time to take part in a Group camp or other activities, for example.